Saturday, March 28, 2020

My Life in One Year

Peace be upon all of you that may be passing through this lonely blog.. I wish everyone lived their life smoothly yet spiritually to fight against all the hardships that we have to endure.

Grateful to the Most Gracious, Most Merciful, I am now a mother of two sweet boys. A perfect human being that I have and always loved unconditionally.

My deepest, sincerest apology to everyone, not just to my accidental readers, also to myself and my big fan (dearest soul-mate of course) due to my lack of consistency with my passionate dream to write this blog consistently. I don't know if anyone else had ever experienced the same thing as I did and after a year of auto-piloting my life, I decided to come back - and that too because of this terrible situation (locked out because of Covid-19) we all had to face. It is somewhat a blessing in disguise indeed.

Let's start with me trying to summarize everything that has happened in the pass 1 year 20 days to be exact. In terms of my career, I've been going through a rather challenging business adventure, and in terms of personal life, it is all going so well that we have added a family member. I am so blessed with my two sweet sons and a loving husband. During that time, to face all the hardships of life, I am glad that I got a very strong support system like my precious mom, siblings, also my in laws. They all have been the strong backbone that always kept me going. 

Back in February 2019, I was unemployed of my own choice - mainly because of the lousy company management that I have worked with. After that, I have tried to get myself employed again, but it is definitely not an easy thing to do when you have a baby bump even though I was just at an early stage that time. Of course, I have received so many questions from family and friends about why did I resigned from my previous job if I knew I'm with a baby. Did I make any wrong decision? Well, I would answer them again and again, no it is the righteous things to do and I have no regret even if I thought of it more than a hundred times.

I have made a very long list when deciding whether to stay or leave the company. Let's just say I left because of the unstoppable toxic work environment. I feel bad for my boss, he's the one offering me the job in that company. Together, we have made so much progress and improvements. We even had achieved the impossible, but too bad we live in this mirage world where it is hard to satisfy everyone. They'll always find the flaws. Enough of the negativity - as for my dearest boss, I hope he never takes it to his heart because I had never blamed him over things that happened. Honestly, I have been so thankful to him for all the experiences I have gained. Even most of it, is not a favorable one, but I always knew the value of this much of pain and hardship experiences that will forge me into creating the best version of myself in terms of professional work career as well as my personal life. I am so grateful indeed. 

After that, I was employed again as a freelancer - working from home as a call center representative. While performing my job as a freelance, I'm also running my own business (as part time), that time. There are so many ups and downs, in so many perspectives. The business knowledge that I have gained though, has never been better. The precious experience through all difficulties that I have faced - are so life-changing and worth every sweat and tears. The only thing that I may regret is for not being able to spend enough time with my family. I was always busy and had to send my baby to babysitter - even though I am working from home that time.

I am glad to know that my guilt will be repaid soon, as due to Covid19 outbreak, my family is now locked out for 2 weeks (with another 2 week extension). All 4 of us are currently at home, and like everyone else, we're trying to enjoy the priceless family bonding time, despite being alarmed of the deadly outbreak may touch any of us if we're not paying enough attention.

As part time, I did my own business on F&B line - as a retailer. I keep the stock from the suppliers and worked on some minor packaging job. We distribute the goods to our agents to sell. It was really good at the beginning. The revenue collected were so great that allows us into doing the profit sharing with our agents, so not only building up the business for ourselves, we also helped other family to put food on their table too. Unfortunately, it doesn't last until August 2019 as I was so busy with my full time job and I was so pregnant that time, around 34 weeks.

Apart from the need for me to focus on my full time job, we had also decided to stop because of our product of choice is seasonal and does not last long - it has expiry! So my advice for you who want to start doing the part time business their own, try to consider selling products that could last longer and does not have any expiry date. Again, despite anything that had happened, I feel so blessed that with this business I have got so many things covered up and it has definitely helped our family going through the tough time.

As for the freelancing job, it has been almost a year now with the company from the low-level executive into becoming the manager. I have learned a lot in the e-commerce / digital marketing business. I've acquired some skills and had been training myself into paying attention to so many areas, from the tiniest negligence things to the biggest turnover opportunity (for the scales that we're working on). On top of that, it has also given me a new perspective of digital marketing and some general product research knowledge. Products criteria did not control the revenue, it's mostly the other things like marketing, services, offering, etc. Even if you have an almost worthless product, if you have marketed it on the right platform, believe me, you still can get enough sales for that month. Interesting contents and compelling services offering will be one of the biggest factors that will chart your revenue. 

Of course, there are more to that which I am still getting so much to learn. At the moment, I'm one of the people who are being impacted by the Covid-19. Our operation has been stopped significantly looking at the decreased number of sales. Many customers try not to make any contact with the outsiders and the delivery of the parcels to them are almost impossible, despite the government had allowed us the company (E-commerce business) to run as we are considered as essential service providers. Even the courier/shipping companies also still running as usual, but we totally understand that most of the people out there are just concerned and scared over the situations.

As I have so many minor work to do while staying at home this few weeks, here I am trying to make my life productive. Even though I knew I performed an energetic day-to-day activity, and I have taken control on most of the house chores. I manage to re-arrange the furniture, created a reward chart and activity plan for my 6 years old son, cooking for my family, fresh cooking baby food for 4 times a day for my 6 months baby, 'a lot' of online shopping too! Yet, as a person who is taking work seriously before, I always stare at the screens for more than 8 hours a day. I feel bad to proclaim, but, I had also brought back home the office work too. Therefore, my guilt has asked me to take proactive action on career wise - which I decided to write and finish up what I have started - or rather continuing it consistently.

Lastly, just to share with you folks out there, here are the list out of wonderful things that I did together  with my family during this locked down due to Covid19. I hope it will help you guys too:
- We played Chess/UNO/Poker cards together
- We ALWAYS eat home cooked only
- We play and sing our favourite song together
- We have our schedules in tact especially to young ones so his academic would have been continued as usual even-though school is closed
- We do things that we unable to do before like playing arts creating octopus from paper plate, and we even try out making slime which we all end up failed in this area.
- My baby learn to speak well and can already say few words when he's just 7 months old!!
- As a working muslim mom, hardly we pray together before but right now we could do that and try to do more than only 1 time a day - such a blessings that our son is now can recite some quran verses very well too

Well I'm pretty sure there are plenty more activities to do than that. That's it from me for now. Until my next post, I leave with this quotes for all of you beautiful people.

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

Life consists of two days, one for you, one against you. So when it's for you, don't be proud or reckless, and when it's against you be patient, for both days are test for you.”
(Imam Ali AS)
Wallahu'alam. Thanks very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks

Unalike Love of the Earth

Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullah hiwabarakatuh (Malay Language writing for arabic translated English  Peace be upon you, as well as the me...